Peckham Festival 2019 is back this September 13th-15th
Local non-profit Peckham Festival was founded in 2016 with a mission to reflect and celebrate the creativity of Peckham, it’s a free event that promotes the artists, makers, creators and community groups of Peckham.
This year’s festival focuses on Peckham’s thriving local artistic talent, via ‘Made In Peckham, Artists’ Open Studios’. Over 80 artists are exhibiting their work in their own studios on and around Rye Lane; in Copeland Park & Bussey Building, Peckham Springs, Peckham Levels, the Arches Studios on Blenheim Grove and in several of the retail spaces on Rye Lane. Alongside this, a group of 20 artists will showcase their work at the Galleria on Pennack Road by Burgess Park.
Copeland Park will also be filled with performances, screenings, workshops and activities. Highlight events from the three-day festival include:
● a Community Hub in Unit 2B sponsored by Social with local action groups, information, conversations and free art workshops. These include Dulwich Picture Gallery, Drawing People Together, ‘Look Up Peckham’ - a Haru Washi tape community collage workshop on Saturday and Sunday at 1-3pm - from Katrina Russell-Adams & Jonathan Lawes, and an Extinction Rebellion Southwark talk at 6pm on Saturday 14th.
● a large scale flower installation from Lisa King London and London Flower Show
● a street food market featuring local food traders
● an art exhibition titled Reflecting Peckham II at Copeland Gallery.
● Super Unison Studios in Copeland Park host a free night of music on Friday 13th September from 7pm, featuring the DIY femme punk of CHARMPIT, plus a hand-picked selection of musical treats from the local area
● an outdoor, bicycle-powered film screening from Electric Pedals on Saturday 4th September at 8pm.
● Rooftop bar Rye Society will be hosting live DJs and street food through the weekend, plus The Gin Den and carnival games on Saturday, and a Deep South theme on Sunday with a live rhythm ‘n’ blues and bluegrass set from Alice and the Percolators 3pm-5pm, and The Bourbon Shack serving Kentucky-inspired cocktails and smoked BBQ.
● Social is bringing craft cider and boutique gin bars with face painters, magicians and food from Send Noods, to keep the whole family happy.
● Inside the UK's first sake brewery, Kanpai, experience how sake is brewed, make your own miso or learn how to serve the perfect cup of matcha tea.
Peckham Festival 2019 is supported by Southwark Council through #PeckhamIsOpen.
Copeland Park & Bussey Building